SO, we have this workplace kind of ritual almost everyday, before we start off the daily routine, we hang around and waste away an hour. Now this is always kicked off by my boss, so no pressure. Initially I was pretty cool about it ( hey if I get to waste away an hour of work and yet get paid for it , who cares? especially if its my boss ?) Well its not as innocent as it sounds, you see this ritual is actually Mr. Tran’s ploy to make us aware of his know how of every single thing he comes across. The very Mr. Tran who believes that :
- Global Warming is hogwash.
- The recent splitting of ice-shelf in Antartica is a conspiracy theory
- Solar panels on top of residential buildings are the cause of increased weather discrepancies.
- There should be a sanction against solar panels because excessive use of solar panels will deplete the solar energy from the sun.( And this guy says he’s got a P.G in Industrial Engineering from an obscure Uni, now I wonder why the manufacturing sector in Australia is down the dumps)
- America has the largest oil deposits in the planet and there are places still in America where Oil is found on the ground... yes not underneath, but on the surface as if is just floating there, waiting for someone to trundle by and scoop a few bucketfuls to be distilled .
- Trump and the previous POTUS ‘es are bent on using up the oil from rest the world so that later they can assume monopoly over the Oil industry.
- He believes Elon Musk is awesome and is the sole saviour of mankind… (I feel Elon Musk is a sly weasel of a businessman rather than an inventor)
- Spent a whole day reading through wikipedia articles on app development and coding, now is the self proclaimed guru on app development and frequently educates me on how IOS and android got it all wrong.
But with all due respect , he knows his stuff (work related). He’s been with the company for nearly 2 decades and for bulk of the time he’s been alone in the factory. I guess the loneliness has finally got into him and set his thought processes askew. Pretty sad person he is once you get to know him. He reminds me of Gollum from LOTR, and kinda looks like one too.